ART Station Receives Rock of Community Award
ART Station received the "Rock of the Community Award" Thursday, May 12th. This award is presented to businesses in the Village who have exhibited long-standing commitment to the community.
Recently celebrating its 25th anniversary, ART Station has been a major player in the Village of Stone Mountain, offering quality arts programming services to over 50,000 patrons annually. Current programs include: elementary and middle school summer arts camps; a season of 14 gallery exhibitions; a professional theatre company producing 7 productions annually; a folk art storytelling festival with an annual attendance of 15,000; a performance company for youth; a performance company for teens; and classes in the visual, performing and literary arts for adults and children. ART Station’s management of the Stone Mountain Artists Micro-enterprise program is in its 1st year. The mission of the arts incubator program is to plan for, build, develop, foster and nurture a creative economy in the City of Stone Mountain, and in 2011 the program has been recognized as the most creative economic development program in metro Atlanta by the Atlanta Regional Commission.
ART Station has been nominated for four ABBY Awards by the Arts and Business Council of the Atlanta Chamber of Commerce in the following categories:
- Outstanding Arts Organization in 1996
- Outstanding Contributions to Education in 1995 and 2000 (Awarded 2000)
- ART Station's Artistic Director for Outstanding Arts Professional
Other ART Station accomplishments:
- ART Station was one of the first recipients of the Metropolitan Atlanta Arts Fund Grant
- The only three-time recipient of a Metropolitan Atlanta Arts Foundation Grant
- Participant in the Cultural Olympiad of both the Lillehamer and Atlanta Games
- Two-time participant in the Piccolo Spoleto Festival - Charleston, SC
- Awarded a Comcast Community Development Grant
- Received a Community Service Award by the Gannett Foundation and 11Alive
- ART Station’s ArtTime Program was rated “Best Art Instruction for Kids” by Atlanta Magazine
- Voted "Best Place to Make Your Own Art" by www.atlanta.citysearch.com
ART Station is located at 5384 Manor Drive in historic Stone Mountain Village. Founded in 1986, ART Station is a non-profit contemporary arts center that provides cultural and educational opportunities to the entire community. ART Station is a 501(c) 3 non-profit corporation.